Senior Level Oracle Database Administrator / Oracle Application Server Administrator– LA- New Orleans
LATG has an open position for a Senior Level Oracle Database Administrator / Oracle Application Server Administrator in New Orleans, LA.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 07 + years
As a senior level database administrator – Provide database and application server support for development, test and production systems in the Navy Enterprise Data Center Data Engineering Department. Additionally, provide support for modification to the design of databases and database scripts to support application enhancements and fixes ensuring appropriate interoperability to existing data processing systems.
The database administrator will perform the following duties:
• Installation, Configuration and Support of Oracle Application Server versions 11 and 12
• Installation, Configuration and Support of Oracle Enterprise Database Server (11 and 12) and Coordination with application development teams to enforce standards, policies, and procedures for approved data element definitions, operations, security, accessibility, adaptability, configuration management, and documentation.
• Coordinate and support application development efforts by providing stable Development, Test and Production environments, database object creation and maintenance, fault isolation and resolution, assist in the tuning of application SQL code, data migration, and database object sizing.
• Coordinate and support application development efforts through the creation of Triggers and Procedures as required.
• Monitor and evaluate database performance. Perform the following database functions: loads, backups, restarts, recovery, restructure, startup, shutdown, archive; monitor and allocate storage space, troubleshoot and resolve system failures, audit database usage, tune and optimize performance, and reorganization. Develop procedures, scripts, and utilities that enable operations staff to perform routine backups, restarts, recovery, startups, shutdowns, archiving, and monitoring of databases.
• Provide assistance and coordination with the systems administration teams as necessary.
• Develop and maintain physical database design mapped to an approved logical database design.
• Provide technical expertise to ensure the quality of data in database (including correction of erroneous data).
• Provide input for Life Cycle Documentation as required. • Provide support for Oracle Dataguard and Oracle RMAN.
• Application of Security Patches (IAVAS) and Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGS) as mandated by DISA and NETWARCOM
Required Skills: The database administrator must have extensive experience with: • Oracle Database 11 & 12 and O.S. Utilities including: OEM, Grid Control, SQL, PLSQL, SQL Loader, Data Pump, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services and Shell Scripting • Sun Solaris 10 and Windows operating system environments Security Requirements: • Candidate must be able to pass a background check and obtain a Secret-Level DoD clearance • Security+ Certification • Working towards Oracle OCP Certification.
Security Clearance: US Citizen able to obtain Secret Security Clearance