SAN Engineer (mid level)– LA- New Orleans
LATG has an open position for a SAN Engineer (mid level) in New Orleans, La.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 05 – 07 years
Systems engineer with experience in installing, configuring and operating EMC, Netapp Storage Area Networks (SANs) in an enterprise environment. The ideal candidate must have knowledge with EMC VMAX 20K, VNX 5700/7500, Netapp 3220/3210 storage arrays with a focus on repair and problem resolution services. Candidate must possess the ability to service mission critical environments with a focus on best Practices, firmware remedies, and operating system controls for highly available configurations. Successful candidates will provide support for the EMC/Netapp storage product platforms and assist with complex STORAGE problem scenarios. The ideal candidate must have Cisco MDS Switching as well as Brocade San Switching knowledge. Candidate must have knowledge of EMC RecoverPoint as well as Netapp Snapmirror experience.
Five years experience supporting/designing/implementation of Fiber Channel SAN storage
Demonstrated experience with the following:
• Systems Installation – Patch/Firmware Analysis Operating System Upgrades a plus on Netapp and EMC arrays.
• Familiarity with the following SAN hardware devices: o Cisco MDS 9500 o Cisco 5K o Brocade 5000
• Storage Administration; Volume Management, High Availability Hardware and software failure diagnosis support and solution implementation. Provide training to staff.
• Troubleshooting specialist responsible for field support reinforcement including direct and/or remote administration of solution implementation.
• Familiarity with EMC Unisphere as well as Netapp System Manager Sorftware. Also candidate must have working knowledge of Cisco Fabric Manager.
• Provide escalation support on EMC/Netapp Storage system hardware, storage systems and peripherals.
Security Clearance: US Citizen with an Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance
Location: LA- New Orleans