MS Windows Engineer (mid level)–LA – New Orleans
LATG currently has position open for MS Windows Engineer (Mid Level) in New Orleans, LA.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 05 – 07 years
The windows systems engineer will support the Shared Services Windows environment. This systems engineer will be responsible for supporting a server farm consisting of approximately 650 Windows 2003/2008 virtual machines servers. Duties will include all Operating System support, IAVA patching, STIG compliance, management of Microsoft DHCP/ DNS/AD, design and maintenance of Group Policy, management and support of domain user accounts, and maintenance and support of Citrix XenApp Servers, and continued maintenance of all architecture documents.
Required Skills and Experience: The windows system engineer will have experience and knowledge to include, but not limited to, the following areas:
• General working knowledge of Windows environments, to include Windows 2003/2008 and Citrix XenApp/Presentation Server
• Proficient with VMware vSphere and vCenter
• Thorough understanding and experience working with Microsoft Active Directory and creation and support of group polices.
• Proficient with Microsoft scripting languages (such as batch, PS1)
• Networking and SAN principles- possess the ability to interpret server operational characteristics, accurately determine the presence of a problem, identify possible solutions, selects the most appropriate solution, and implements that solution in a timely manner IAW the Engineering Change Process (ECP).
• High attention to detail and capable of working on multiple projects or tasks in parallel
• Proficient with MS Office, Project, and Visio
• Must meet the requirements of DoD 8570.1M
Security Clearance: US Citizen with an Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance
Location: LA – New Orleans