MS Windows Engineer (junior level)—LA – New Orleans
LATG currently has an open position for MS Windows Engineer (Junior Level) in New Orleans, LA.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 03 – 05 years
The windows systems engineer will support the Shared Services Windows environment. This position will be responsible for supporting a server farm consisting of approximately 650 Windows 2003/2008 virtual machines servers. Duties will include all Operating System support, IAVA patching, STIG compliance, management of Microsoft DHCP/ DNS/AD, design and maintenance of Group Policy, management and support of domain user accounts, and maintenance and support of Citrix XenApp Servers, and continued maintenance of all architecture documents.
Required Skills and Experience: The windows system engineer will have 3+ years experience and knowledge to include, but not limited to, the following areas:
• General working knowledge of Windows environments, to include Windows 2003/2008 and Citrix XenApp/Presentation Server
• Familiar with VMware vSphere and vCenter
• Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory and creation and support of group polices.
• Familiar with Microsoft scripting languages (such as batch, PS1)
• Familiar with Networking and SAN principles
• High attention to detail and capable of working on multiple projects or tasks in parallel
• Proficient with MS Office, Project, and Visio
• Must meet the requirements of DoD 8570.1M
Security Clearance: US Citizen with an Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance
Location: LA – New Orleans