Mid-Level Windows Engineer_New Orleans, LA
Mid-Level Windows Engineer position available in New Orleans, LA.
The windows systems engineer will support the Shared Services Windows environment. This systems engineer will be responsible for supporting a server farm consisting of approximately 650 Windows 2003/2008 virtual machines servers..
Duties will include all Operating System support, IAVA patching, STIG compliance, management of Microsoft DHCP/ DNS/AD, design and maintenance of Group Policy, management and support of domain user accounts, and maintenance and support of Citrix XenApp Servers, and continued maintenance of all architecture documents
Contract Labor Category: Computer Systems Analyst 3
Work Location: SPAWAR Navy Enterprise Data Center, New Orleans
Years’ Experience: 3-5 years
Degree (Desired): Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other related field from an accredited college or university.
Required Certification(s): CompTIA Security+ CE;
Travel Requirements: Minimal – possible travel to San Diego, CA for COOP activities
Skills and Experience:
The windows system engineer will have experience and knowledge to include, but not limited to, the following areas:
- General working knowledge of Windows environments, to include Windows 2003/2008 and Citrix XenApp/Presentation Server
- Proficient with VMware vSphere and vCenter
- Thorough understanding and experience working with Microsoft Active Directory and creation and support of group polices.
- Proficient with Microsoft scripting languages (such as batch, PS1)
- Networking and SAN principles- possess the ability to interpret server operational characteristics, accurately determine the presence of a problem, identify possible solutions, selects the most appropriate solution, and implements that solution in a timely manner IAW the Engineering Change Process (ECP).
- High attention to detail and capable of working on multiple projects or tasks in parallel
- Proficient with MS Office, Project, and Visio
- Must meet the requirements of DoD 8570.1M
Security Requirements: Active Department of Defense Secret clearance