Oracle Database Administrator
CACI is the prime contractor for a large-scale integration and development transformation program that will offer significant growth opportunity for candidates. This position will be a unique and exciting career opportunity that will involve the integration, development, and deployment of enterprise wide systems involving COTS ERP, SaaS solutions, mobile solutions, and enterprise data analytics in a state-of-the-art Agile development environment. The transformation and integration of over 50 legacy systems to ERP and SaaS solutions will be a monumental technical experience for this position. In addition, the resulting solution will deliver direct support to our Navy Sailors and their families.
At CACI, our philosophy of employee advancement rests on a cultural foundation of providing unlimited equal opportunity for growth, recognition and rewards. We provide the environment and support to immediately nurture and stretch your abilities.
The project offers a 5-year contract opportunity and a significant exposure and growth opportunity for individuals joining CACI. This project is part of a significant strategic growth plan centered on human capital systems and other ERP and SaaS lines of business in CACI. Joining the program offers more than a project assignment; it offers a career growth opportunity in a rapidly expanding and strategic CACI line of business with demonstrated success for Federal and DoD market customers.
|Primary Location (City, State):||Arlington, VA (New Orleans, LA; Millington, TN)|
More About this Role:
The Database Administrator will be a part of the Manpower, Personnel, Training and Education (MPT&E) enterprise team. Your responsibilities will include the following but are not limited to:
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains the Oracle systems configurations to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability on the development, testing and training environments and in support of production hosted customer environments.
- Works closely with DBA Lead and internal and external teams on installation and configuration of system fixes, updates, patches, and performance tuning, hardware/software interface and interoperability problem resolution, system security evaluation and remediation, IT device security monitoring, incident reporting, system scanning and security control verification.
- Works with SA Lead and Information Assurance Officer to ensure systems are following Cyber Security regulations.
- Implements and validates Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements for all internal and production projects.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer and database resources.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications: (this is the min. requirement – to hire they must have all listed here)
- Approximately 3+ years of experience as a Database Administrator
- Demonstrated experience installing, administering and configuring Oracle database systems. With general knowledge of other software solutions for database (i.e. SQL Server)
- Knowledge and understanding in creation of database queries, concept of theory and design, and understanding of structured query language.
- Experience managing and configuring virtual environments and remote access tools.
- Experience with installing and configuring Oracle suites of tools and support software with Enterprise Editions.
- Knowledge of systems/tools used for data backup/recovery
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Active Secret Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have: (This is your “wish list” section – we hire even if the applicant does not have the listed below)
- Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft, Salesforce, and ServiceNow platforms
- Experience developing content with Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK)
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: HTML, Angular.js, VMware, information exchanges (ETL, ESB), message queuing, application security, automated testing, UML, or Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Technical Certifications, such as MCSD; MCPD; CSM; CSD; OCJD; SCJD; SAFe
- DOD 8570 cybersecurity certification.
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Security+ Certification (COMPTIA or other)
What We can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.