Experienced Business Objects Developer_ New Orleans, Louisiana
Work to develop Business Objects universes in a data warehouse environment, will develop complex reports using advanced Business Objects techniques and build ad hoc capabilities into the universes.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
• Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Maintains existing structure and make decisions for the design to make the appropriate technical decisions for the overall warehouse project.
Work Location: SPAWAR System Center, New Orleans
Years’ Experience: 6+ years of specialized experience as denoted below
Degree (Desired): Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information systems, or other related field from an accredited college or university. Experience maybe substituted in place of degree.
Required Certification(s): None
Travel Requirements: Minimal
Skills and Experience:
• Business Objects XI and/or 3.x products; experience in Business Objects 4.2 preferred.
• Web Intelligence reports using custom variables, input controls, and hyper-linking
• Universes using derived tables, data security, and linked universes
• RDBMS (Relational database management system) concepts
• SQL knowledge and the ability to understand and construct complex select statements
• Business Object’s SDK with Web Services.
• Universes, Web Intelligence reports and Dashboards.
• Utilizing and configure Query as a Web Service (QAAS).
• Understanding and constructing complex select statements.
• Warehouse concepts and design.
• Other Business Intelligence reporting software Expertise in SQL, PL/SQL, Analysis Edition of OLAP, Web Services and SOA SQR and XML/BI
Security Clearance: Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance