Configuration Manager–LA – New Orleans
LATG currently has an open position for Configuration Manager in New Orleans, LA.
The Configuration Manager shall manage all engineering documents across all areas of the IT Operation Data Center. This shall include ensuring that all diagrams, scripts, processes, procedures and baselines are documented and stored in a central repository. The Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) system shall be used to track all configuration changes across all environments. All documentation will be stored in the Serena Dimensions configuration management tool.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 7 years or more
Personnel providing configuration management support for NEDC baselines shall have experience in the following areas:
• Implementing Configuration Management at the Project level,
• Configuration Identification
• Establishing and managing the Change Control Process
• Establishing and maintaining the project Baseline
• Version Control
• Managing the correlation and the overall configuration between products
• Managing ECPs
• Reporting CM Metrics
• Serena Dimensions Configuration Management Tool
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 03 – 05 years
Provide database and application server support for development, test and production systems in the Navy Enterprise Data Center (NEDC) Data Engineering Department. Additionally, provide support for modification to the design of databases and database scripts to support application enhancements and fixes ensuring appropriate interoperability to existing data processing systems.
The database administrator will perform the following duties under general supervision:
• Installation, Configuration and Support of Oracle Application Server 11iAS and 12 iAS
• Installation, Configuration and Support of Oracle Enterprise Database Server (11 and 12) and Coordination with application development teams to enforce standards, policies, and procedures for approved data element definitions, operations, security, accessibility, adaptability, configuration management, and documentation.
• Coordinate and support application development efforts by providing stable Development, Test and Production environments, database object creation and maintenance, fault isolation and resolution, assist in the tuning of application SQL code, data migration, and database object sizing.
• Coordinate and support application development efforts through the creation of Triggers and Procedures as required.
• Monitor and evaluate database performance. Perform the following database functions: loads, backups, restarts, recovery, restructure, startup, shutdown, archive; monitor and allocate storage space, troubleshoot and resolve system failures, audit database usage, tune and optimize performance, and reorganization. Develop procedures, scripts, and utilities that enable operations staff to perform routine backups, restarts, recovery, startups, shutdowns, archiving, and monitoring of databases.
• Provide assistance and coordination with the systems administration teams as necessary.
• Develop and maintain physical database design mapped to an approved logical database design.
• Application of Security Patches (IAVAS) and Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGS) as mandated by DISA and NETWARCOM
The database administrator should be familiar with:
• Oracle Database 11 & 12 and O.S. Utilities including: OEM, Grid Control, SQL, PLSQL, SQL Loader, Data Pump, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services and Shell Scripting
• Sun Solaris 10 and Windows Operating system environments
• CompTIA Security+ Certified
Security Requirements: US Citizen able to obtain a government Secret Security Clearance
Location: LA – New Orleans